Saturday, August 27, 2011

Why I Blog - Vote for Me

Vote for The Positive Pitch
I decided to start blogging because I wanted to share my experience of living with HIV/AIDS with others. The Positive Pitch allows me to do just that.I felt so alone when I was first diagnosed and reading blogs of others living with the disease gave me courage. The reason I share my story publicly is because I feel it is my duty. As a person living with HIV/AIDS it is my duty to stand up and be heard. So many of us living with the disease stay silent due to stigma. I understand that everyone can not be as open as I and I respect that. I blog to inspire those who may find themselves silent to find the strength they possess to become more open, more accepting of their status. My goal in all the work I do is to help those who are newly diagnosed with HIV/AIDS adjust to the news and move past the shock and realize that they can not only survive with HIV but thrive.

I was recently nominated and was informed that I was named as a Finalist for this year’s CBS Philly Most Valuable Blogger award in the Local Affairs category. I am shocked and honored to even be nominated let alone a finalist. So I am asking all my readers, followers, friends and colleagues to please vote for my blog. You can vote once a day everyday until September 9, 2011. Thank you for your support, encouragement and comments throughout the years.

In hopes of inspiring,
Robert Breining



Follow me  @PositivePitch

No comments:

Post a Comment