Thursday, February 9, 2012

Jamar Rogers - The Story Behind the Voice


This past Monday my partner and I were excited to watch the premiere of The Voice. We love this show in particular because the auditions are blind. Which makes the judges focus on the voice of the contestant  instead of their image. This is truly a way to find talented singers. I am happy to announce this Sunday February 12th at 9pm EST, I will be speaking with Jamar Rogers, an HIV positive contestant on the second season of The Voice  If you watched The Voice this week. Then you were probably moved by Jamar Rogers story and his talent. I was completely blown away by his honesty. I immediately jumped on Facebook after his audition and tried to contact him about being interviewed on POZ I AM Radio. I was super excited to get a email response the next morning from him agreeing to be on the show. It was surreal.

I admire Jamar for being who he is. Sometimes it takes us, people living with HIV, a long time to find self acceptance again. You see the reason I felt so connected to Jamar isn't only because he is HIV+. He is also a recovering addict, like myself. He is a true inspiration. Although Jamar hit rock bottom at one point, He has been sober for six years and has turned his life around. Through his soulful tunes, this charmer from the Bronx, NY is determined to show everyone his life is back on track, and to prove to the world that you can accomplish anything you put your mind to. You don't want to miss this interview

Watch Jamar Rogers audition on The Voice


Watch Jamar Rogers - Behind the Voice



If you have questions or comments for Jamar we will be taking your calls during the live broadcast on Sunday Feb. 12 @ 9pm EST at 347-215-9442 


Show your support !!!
Like Jamar Rogers on Facebook
Follow Jamar Rogers on Twitter
Watch Jamar Rogers on Youtube.

2 comments:

  1. I cried when I saw this guy on the show. Life can be so unkind-even after he turned his life around he is stuck with an illness. BUT it goes to show that you can move on and make something positive of your life and although he may have hard times to face ahead being ill, he is an inspiration to those who may feel they don't have the strength to move past a trying time. Good for him. I wish him so much luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Jamar is a true inspiration.

      Delete